Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hotel Review: Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi


Image Rights: ViceroyHotelGroup.com

Recently I was lucky enough to be able to stay in the Yas Viceroy, Abu Dhabi for a couple of nights. When I realised my flight from Bangkok to Dublin would be stopping in Abu Dhabi, I just had to take full advantage of this opportunity and squeeze in a 2 night stay at the Viceroy. The Yas Viceroy has been on my "Must Stay" list since my last trip to Abu Dhabi in 2012. The hotel is obviously located on the renowned Yas Island and straddles the Formula 1 race track so for an F1 lover like me it was a must.

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi Track View
Image Rights: ViceroyHotelGroup.com


The Viceroy hotel group is very well renowned for giving five star service and having beautiful decor in some of the most lustworthy locations in the world. Their instagram account will make you want to book a vacation asap.

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi Spa View
Image Rights: ViceroyHotelGroup.com



Yas Viceroy is located less than 10 minutes drive from Abu Dhabi airport so you can skip the expensive chauffeured cars at the arrivals area and grab a cab instead if you wish. The island itself has a water park, Ferrari world, a mall and a beach. There is a shuttle service that runs continuous loops of the island so getting around to any of these areas is very easy, with the shuttle bus collecting and dropping at the door to Yas Viceroy.

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi Pool
Image Rights: ViceroyHotelGroup.com


The main attraction for me at the Yas Viceroy aside from the F1 track was the instagram worthy pool, this is where you will spend most of your time at the hotel as it is so hot in Abu Dhabi! The pool itself is so nice and the food is amazing so there really is no reason to leave! We mixed our days between the pool and the mall so it was a perfect stopover on our trip. We didn't go to the waterpark or Ferrari World as I felt they were just to expensive and I was pretty tired from our travelling in Thailand so I really just wanted a couple of days in Abu Dhabi to relax before coming home.

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Image Rights: ViceroyHotelGroup.com


The hotel rooms are so nice and are so big compared to what we are used to having in Europe or the US. Our hotel room overlooked the racetrack but you can have a view overlooking the Marina either which is right beside the hotel. The hotel rooms are luxury and from the minute I stepped into ours I just relaxed. The beds are huge and so comfy and the bathroom is so big and nice which is something I love having! The shower is amazing which is important because you will be showering 2/3 times a day in the heat.

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi Lounge
Image Rights: ViceroyHotelGroup.com

We didn't eat in the hotel during the evenings so I cannot comment on that but the quality of breakfast was unbelievable, there was a buffet featuring food from all across the world which made me really happy :) I could vary what I ate depending on how I felt that morning, they had cold pressed juices which I loved for the quality. I also ate at the pool which was simple food, I think I had a sandwich and fries, but was made from high quality ingredients so it was delicious and hugely filling. This is why I did not eat at the hotel during the evening as I did not need to eat again!

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi at night
Image Rights: ViceroyHotelGroup.com


I would recommend staying here to anyone who wants to chill in Abu Dhabi for a few days in luxury. I will definitely be making an excuse to have stopovers in Abu Dhabi from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment