Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Product Review: Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate Facial Oil

                                             
When I first heard about Kiehl's new daytime face oil I was intrigued but a little bit nervous, would it make my face shiny during the day? I am a big fan of face oils but had previously only ever used them at night time and to be honest I was a bit reluctant to splash out €42.50 on something that I may use a few times and then discard to the back of my beauty treats never to be seen again.

So when my moisturiser recently finished I thought there was no better time to try out the oil.  I popped into Kiehl's one lunchtime and got a Daily Reviving concentrate sample and a Ultra Facial Moisturiser sample. The lady in the store advised me to layer them together as the Facial Oil works best underneath a moisturiser. I tried it for two mornings and I was sold. My skin was so soft. Initially I was worried that it would affect my make-up but it hasn't, if anything it has given me an extra glow which makes my make-up look great.

After my shower and a cleanse and tone, I take a small drop and warm it between my fingertips before pressing it into the skin on my face. As it is an oil, you don't need to use a lot of product and warming it on your fingertips before applying really helps it to move better on your face. Initially I was rubbing it into my face but I have found that gently pressing or patting it into my skin works a lot better for me. I give it a minute or two and then I apply my moisturiser as normal. I have found that I don't need to use so much moisturiser either after using the Daily Reviving Facial Oil. I then put on my make up as usual and this beautiful warm glow appears. Actually the glow is there before I put on my make-up, it just makes my skin look great!

A couple of days after I introduced it into my routine I started getting so many compliments in work about how tanned my face looked and how relaxed I looked. My skin has never looked or felt better. I have had notoriously dry skin for as long as I can remember and I have to be careful about which products I use as my skin is also sensitive but I have had no reactions to this product. It is free from all the baddie ingredients.

Just this weekend I got a facial and for the first time ever the beauty therapist told me there was no sign of any dry skin on my face and to keep doing whatever I was doing! I am also using Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil at night-time which is designed to be used alongside Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate Facial Oil. I honestly thought that using face oils day and night would clog my skin and cause it to become oily but it hasn't, if anything it was obviously the level of moisture I needed to be using on my skin to combat the dryness. One tip my beauty therapist did give is to gently exfoliate the T-Zone with a very light facial scrub 1-2 times a week when using face oils day & night.

No comments:

Post a Comment